This weekend, NPR’s Studio360 ran an interview with Jenny and I and Vijay, the artist who painted our Bollywood poster. It was really interesting to hear his history and his side of the story. We were especially heartened when he leaped to our defense to dispel the reporter’s half-baked notion that it’s somehow “patronizing” or “maybe just plain wrong” of us to insert ourselves into a symbol of Indian culture. Give it a listen!
Buy our book!
Our greatest hitsJust joining
Our Delhi Struggle? You should catch up with our favorite posts, starting with our Bollywood poster.
Our other favorites:
Follow our tweets!
You should follow this blog on Twitter: @deliriousdelhi!
Our latest posts
- Delirious Delhi: Publishing globally. TODAY.
- Delhi: The Lament of the Hungry Expat (my essay from The Book Review India)
- portraits from Bangalore’s Krishna Rajendra Market
- Lutyens’ Delhi survival guide (my article from Indian Express’ Eye Magazine)
- Highlights from Bangalore and Delhi (#2) launch events
- Highlights from the Mumbai reading
- Second Delhi book release event added!
- Highlights: Delhi launch for Delirious Delhi
- returning to Delhi: what change will I see?
- December book release events: Delhi, Mumbai, & Bangalore